Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Black Olive tapenade

My roomie and I had a little get-together last Saturday and I was trying to come up with things to serve that fell somewhere between snacky food and "real" food.  The menu for the night included my homemade salsa and chips, beef crostini topped with mozzarella and a smidgen of pesto, thin crust pepperoni pizza, and THIS last minute addition, a black olive tapenade.  I was sort of winging it, but the reviews were positive, so there ya go.  Give it a whirl!

1 15 oz can black olives, drained
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 fistful fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp capers, drained
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and membrane removed
1/4 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (I actually used pecan oil because it was all I had, but a nice olive oil would be splendid as well)
sea salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse 3-4 times, scrape the sides, then pulse another 3-4 times.  Pour into a bowl; garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.  Serve with pita chips or crusty, thin bread.

Notes:
(a)  Seriously, this couldn't be easier.  That's my note.  This is crazy easy to make.....and yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment