Friday, January 29, 2010

After only 10 months....

.....this blog has a purpose! Feeling somewhat inspired by "Julie & Julia," the flick I watched TWICE (we were delayed on the tarmac for hours at Heathrow) on the flight home for Christmas (and even more inspired by my love of cooking, a love that took me rather by surprise, to be honest), I've decided to expand upon my 140 character tweets and actually write up what I'm cooking. I confess, the benefit is mostly for myself, since on more than one occasion I've cooked something, discovered quite unexpectedly that it was delicious, and then couldn't find it later to replicate. As a result, in the 7 months I've been in Prevessin, France, I've cooked the same dish only a half dozen times or so. Chicken fajitas have been done mulitple times, but since they don't require a recipe anyway, they don't count.

And so this is where, henceforth, I shall chronicle my life in cuisine. Good times!

**incidentally, I'm extremely open to suggestions! Mommy, Kissy, Bird, that especially means YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. I hereby offer my services as taste-tester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take it! You've been drafted, sir....

    ReplyDelete